The library occupies a very important place in school. With its books suited to the interests and aptitude of students of different age group, with its magazines, periodicals, news papers and with its calm and tranquil atmosphere it has a special call to the students who go there and quench their thirst for reading the material which cannot be provided to them in the class room. Here they find an environment which is conductive to the building up of habit of self learning. The library is the center of the intellectual and social activities of school. The library has got very wholesome effect over the work of school.
Here are some of the rules every student is expected to follow while being in the library.
- Carry your student ID card with you when you enter the library.
- Do not take any book or other library material out of the library without following permission.
- Make sure to return the borrowed items by the due date.
- In case any of the borrowed items being lost, damaged, or destroyed, you are required to replace the lost /damaged/destroyed item with a new one.
- Never write in books or cut pages out of them.
- Return books/materials to their original location on the bookshelf.
- Practice good manners!
- Food is not allowed to have in the library. Only water bottles with a cap are permitted in the reading room.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited. Switch your mobile phone off and keep it in your bag, etc. while you are in the library.
- Private conversations are not permitted. Even talking in a whisper or standing and chatting may be disturbing to others. Strictly prohibited from doing the above.
- Refrain from leaving your baggage, etc. on library chairs, avoid taking up two seats by sitting on one and putting your baggage, clothes, etc. on the other.
- Also, please be sure not to leave valuables unattended.